We love promoting healthy eating to the kids!
During snack time, we love to talk about our food groups & healthy snacks! We know kids can be picky, especially when it comes to food, but please try to send a snack that falls under a food group so they can tell us about their nutritious snack as well!! Some benefits for having healthy snacks at school include:
- - Stabilize their energy.
- - Improve their focus.
- - Even out their minds.
Please remember we are a NUT FREE school!
DID YOU KNOW?
- Children who eat a healthy diet also receive direct brain development benefits, according to research associate Marc Goodman-Bryan with The Urban Child Institute. For example, if a child does not receive adequate intake of iodine and iron, she may experience both cognitive delays and motor development delays. A child whose diet is deficient in the essential fatty acid DHA might experience delays in learning and development.
- A child who is given healthy foods will receive a lifetime bonus of a stronger mind and body.
- A healthy diet can also have a profound effect on a child's sense of mental and emotional well being, helping to prevent conditions such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder and ADHD.
We love talking about drinking water! Here are some of the benefits of your child drinking water:
- Prevents dehydration
- Reduces Consumption of Sugary Beverages
- Flushes Out Toxins and Carries Nutrients
- Fluoride (depending)
* Please continue to send water bottles in place of juice boxes for snack!
This way, your child can have water through out class and stay hydrated!!